Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pastels Playing Peacefully

My friend Reavis thinks I'm into pastels, but I'm not. In fact, I abhor them, much preferring bold and vivid colors. At any rate, I mostly wear black anyway. However, metaphorically speaking, I do have a pastel heart in that it's soft and delicate. I'm sure that's what Reavis meant when he sent me this Cocteau Twins video thinking it a "very Chezza blog" posting. Well, he's right in this case. The Cocteau Twins are the masters of 80s ethereal realness and I'm all about it. I remember during my youthful days of hardcore shows and slam dancing, I actually hated them thinking them too soft. Soon after I matured into my -- again pastel side -- and they moved up to one of my favorite bands. This song "Oomingmak" comes from one of my Top 10 favorite albums of all time Victorialand (quite a feat, I love a lot of bands.)

Enjoy. I think it's time we all acknowledge our inner Pastel. Thank you Reavis for reminding me of this.

3 comments:

  1. So Spring-y and Monet-ish. It's the perfect background music for the snowdrops and bluebells that are poking up in my yard right now. Ahhhhhhh.
    Now, what did she say? I can never understand a word but it doesn't really matter, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome and thank you for the very light handed response.

    You can never understand what she says, but they have all their lyrics listed online if you google them... and you still can't understand her! But that voice she has... ahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Elizabeth Fraser created her own language and that's what she uses in her songs. In the later albums, her words are more "human" and proper grammar, but what I've always loved is the FEELING of her words. I actually dated a guy who was friends with her and I told him what I felt she was saying through her language and he told me I was spot on!

    ReplyDelete